Code of Ethics

Monday, February 26, 2018

TOP 5 THINGS TO DO AT THE WIZARDING WORLD OF HARRY POTTER

Hey everyone! I have decided to do my first blog post on one of the hottest destinations in the United States. Yes, you guys already know what I'm talking about if you read the title of this blog. It's none other than the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando Resort! I just got back from my third time of visiting in December 2017, so I thought I would share what, in my opinion, are the TOP 5 things to do at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. However, before I start this exciting adventure, I wanted to give a shout out to another blogger by the name of Amanda who helped me decide what attractions she recommended before I took my first visit to Universal Orlando Resort. I would highly recommend you guys check out her blog HERE. Now it's my turn to let you guys know what I think you should definitely do if you ever get the chance to visit this wonderful place. Let's get started!

Side Note: All of the pictures shown in this post were taken by me.


 1. Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey


You MUST, and I repeat, MUST do the Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey ride. You are not a true fan of Harry Potter if you go to Universal Orlando Resort and do not go on this ride. It's a truly incredible experience. It makes you actually feel like you are riding a broomstick as a witch or wizard on the Hogwarts grounds. My brother LOVES this ride and he isn't even that big of a fan of Harry Potter. This might take the cake for being my favorite thing at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter!

2. Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts


This is another HUGE attraction that you should definitely visit multiple times when at Universal Orlando Resort. The ride itself takes you through the tunnels of Gringotts while Voldemort and Bellatrix Lestrange are after you. The longest my brother and I waited in line for this ride was 90 minutes! You might be saying to yourself right now, "Dillon, that is way too long to be standing in line for a ride." Let me just say this: EVERY MINUTE IS WORTH IT. You'll come back to my blog and thank me for it later.  

3. Try a Butterbeer


There's multiple Butterbeers to try at Universal Orlando Resort. There's Cold Butterbeer, Hot Butterbeer, Frozen Butterbeer, Butterbeer Fudge, Butterbeer Potted Cream and Butterbeer Ice Cream. However, through all three times that I have visited The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, I would say my favorite one is the Cold Butterbeer. The first word I said after I took a drink of it was MMMMMMMMMMMM. If that is even considered a word. After I finished it, I went back for seconds. It is that good. In fact, they're all really good. This one is just my favorite.

4. Ride the Hogwarts Express Both Ways


You might be saying to yourself, "Why both ways?" Well, because it's a different experience going from Hogsmeade to Diagon Alley and vice versa. When you ride the Hogwarts Express there is a little video that plays on the window that makes it seem like it is actually happening outside the train. It's pretty cool. Even if the video on the window doesn't interest you, then you should still ride the Hogwarts Express just for experience. You might have been like me when I was younger. It was always a dream to ride the Hogwarts Express and now I can say that I have lived that dream multiple times since I've been to Universal Orlando Resort three times. 

5. Knockturn Alley


I wish I could have provided you all with a better picture, but Knockturn Alley is extremely dark when you visit it, so the images don't turn out that great. No worries though, it just adds that much more to the experience because you aren't seeing anything about it. You step into the dark with nothing but mystery on your mind. It's represented as the "evil" side of Diagon Alley and it's pretty incredible to see it in person. If there is one piece of advice I would give for Knockturn Alley, it would be to make sure the CREATURES don't get you! 




















No comments:

Post a Comment